Septic Genie Product Warranty
There are two components covered by the Limited Warranty:
- Air pump
- Septic Genie insert that is installed in the septic tank (“Product”).
1. Air pump:
The air pump comes with a manufacturer’s warranty of twelve (12) months from the date of purchase. The box that the air pump is shipped in contains a booklet titled “Operation and Maintenance Manual” This booklet describes the warranty and includes the warranty registration card. Please complete the registration card and mail it to the address provided in the booklet.
The booklet also includes safety instructions, installation notes, operation notes, maintenance notes and a troubleshooting guide. This booklet should be retained for your records. We recommend that you read this booklet fully prior to installation.
The Product comes with a lifetime Limited Warranty. SepTech (Septic Genie manufacturer) warrants to the original retail consumer purchaser (“Customer”) that the Product, when properly installed and operated under normal conditions of use, will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for life.
The Septic Genie Limited Warranty covers only those defects which arise as a result of normal use of the product and is subject to the following:
- There is no damage to the Product from any non-biodegradable items or materials that enter the septic system, including but not limited to personal latex products, rubber gloves, any items made of rubber, latex, plastics or metals, sand or soil from non water tight septic tanks, etc.
- There are no toxic materials or chemicals introduced into the septic system in quantities capable of reducing the biotic health of micro-organisms including but not limited to petroleum products, pesticides, cleaning agents, paint or paint thinner / solvents, frequent laundry use beyond normal residential use, chemotherapeutic drugs or long term use of pharmaceuticals or antibiotic drugs (more than 10 days) without informing Septic Genie within five days of commencing the use of same.
- There are no failures of any elements associated with the septic system, high seasonal ground water and/or flooding of the septic system, including but not limited to broken pipes and faulty plumbing fixtures, failed “French Drains” or ground water diversion trenches, damaged septic tanks, root intrusion into septic tank, silted, collapsed or broken distribution/leach lines, broken or soil filled D-Boxes, clogged inlet pipes from residence to septic tank, compacted soil around leach lines from construction, vehicle, or animal use over the leach line area.
- The Product was installed, operated and maintained in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions provided.
- The daily water usage as measured in gallons per day has not exceeded the design capacity of the system.
- There have been no permitted or non-permitted additions to the residence that would increase the load on the septic system beyond its designed capacity. There has been no non-permitted modification to the septic system. There has been no change in the occupancy of residence if a rental. There is no change in use of the residence, i.e. commercial or industrial operations.
- Failures resulting from abuse, accident or negligence.
- Installations that are not in accordance with applicable local codes, ordinance and good trade practices.
- Operation outside Product specifications or used for purposes other than for what it was designed and manufactured
- Damage due to shipment, lightening, natural disaster, earthquake, fire, flood, force majeure or circumstances beyond the control of Septic Genie.
If, within the duration of the Limited Warranty, the Product shall prove to be defective due to defective materials or workmanship of Septic Genie, Septic Genie/SepTech (Septic Genie manufacturer) shall either repair or replace the defective Product at Septic Genie/SepTech’s option. Septic Genie/SepTech shall have no obligation to repair or replace until the Customer returns the defective product with proof of purchase and written notice of alleged defect to Septic Genie/SepTech. Customer may be required at Septic Genie/SepTech’s request to verify that he or she is the original purchaser of the Product and the Product has been installed and operated in accordance with Septic Genie/SepTech’s instructions. Any replacement product may be either new or like-new, provided that it has functionality at least equal to that of the product being replaced. No requests for service under this Limited Warranty will be accepted if received more than thirty (30) days after the term of the Limited Warranty.
Septic Genie/SepTech shall be liable only for the cost of the replacement part, or the repair of any defective part. Customer shall be responsible for labor, cost of removal and installation at Customer’s premises, cleaning, wrapping and boxing the Product for transportation and insurance cost to and from SepTech, and any other incidental cost. Customer to call Septic Genie at 1-888-487-7772 or email Septic Genie at email@example.com for return instructions.
Correction of defects, in the manner and for the duration of the Limited Warranty described in this Limited Warranty, shall constitute complete fulfillment of all liabilities and responsibilities of Septic Genie/SepTech to the Customer with respect to the product, and shall constitute full satisfaction of all claims, whether based on contract, negligence, strict liability or otherwise.
Except for the obligations specifically set forth in this Limited Warranty, in no event shall Septic Genie/SepTech be liable for direct, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, whether based on contract, tort, or any other legal theory and whether advised of the possibility of such damages.
Septic Genie/SepTech disclaims all other warranties with respect to the Product, whether implied, and specifically disclaim the implied warranties or conditions or merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness of a particular purpose.
Unauthorized extensions of warranties by the Customer shall remain Customer’s responsibility.
Septic Genie/SepTech reserves the right to change or improve its products or any portions thereof without being obligated to provide such change or improvement for units sold and/or shipped prior to such a change or improvement.
The Limited Warranties described herein shall be the sole and exclusive remedy available to the Customer. This Limited Warranty is void if the Septic Genie Product has been improperly used, mishandled, disassembled or modified.
CUSTOMER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING THE SUITABILITY OF SEPTIC GENIE FOR CUSTOMERS’S USE