Septic Genie Money Back Performance Guarantee
Septic Genie was designed with you, a homeowner, in mind. We wanted to give you a choice that you have not previously had to easily restore your septic system without digging up your yard to replace the drain field.
We stand behind our product and want you to be fully satisfied with it. However, we have to protect ourselves from the few people out there that openly want to abuse our product and take advantage of the way we like to do business, with honesty and integrity.
We provide a money back guarantee for a period of one hundred and eighty (180) days. During the one hundred and eighty (180) days after installation you should see the following improvement to your septic system, provided you keep the system running continuously.
- Smells and Odors: these are usually eliminated within 24 to 72 hours of start up. They should never return.
- Scum level: Assuming a “normal” scum layer of 3 to 8 inches, this is usually gone within two (2) weeks. Pumping the septic tank is normally not required after this. There will be no discernable bits of organic matter and solids moving around in the circulating effluent.
- Assuming a “normal” sludge level in the tank of 1-3 inches, this sludge will be digested (eaten) by the bacteria supplied with your Septic Genie within thirty (30) days. We often see this happening in two (2) weeks.
- Color of the liquid in the septic tank. You should see a noticeable difference in the color of the liquid; the black colored liquid that you normally see in septic tanks should become much lighter in color. This will continue as time goes by until the water becomes clear, like drinking water or weak tea.
- Bacteria growth; within thirty (30) days you should notice a typically tan to brown colored “goo” attached to the surface area of the Septic Genie. Depending on the various constituents in your drinking water, this “goo” can be light to dark gray to tan/brown in color. This indicates a healthy colony of bacteria. Some of the bacteria will have already left the septic tank and traveled to the drain field to begin the drain field restoration.
- Drain field: We don’t know how long it is going to take to restore your drain field. There are a lot of a factors involved including, but not limited to: the age of the system; soil type; outside temperature, daily flow; organic “load” and how well the system has been maintained. We guarantee that you should see an improvement in drain field function within 180 days. However, common sense has to prevail: if it has taken twenty years for the system to fail it is unlikely that you are going to have a complete restoration in one hundred and eighty (180) days. The goal of Septic Genie is to restore your drain field to the point where it is absorbing your daily water usage, provided this usage is within the design parameters of the septic system. Please note that when the outside temperatures falls below forty degrees Fahrenheit (40˚F) bacterial growth is impeded and restoration may take longer than in higher temperatures.
This money back guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
- The Septic Genie was installed in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- The air pump and Septic Genie were operating continuously throughout the period.
- The daily water usage as measured in gallons per day has not exceeded the design capacity of the system.
- Outdoor temperatures have remained above freezing.
- There is no damage to the Septic Genie from any non-biodegradable items or materials that enter the septic system, including but not limited to personal latex products, rubber gloves, any items made of rubber, latex, plastics or metals, sand or soil from non-water tight septic tanks, etc.
- There are no toxic materials or chemicals introduced into the septic system in quantities capable of reducing the biotic health of micro-organisms including but not limited to petroleum products, pesticides, cleaning agents, paint or paint thinner / solvents, frequent laundry use beyond normal residential use, chemotherapeutic drugs or long term use of pharmaceuticals or antibiotic drugs (more than 10 days) without informing Septic Genie within five days of commencing the use of same.
- There are no failures of any elements associated with the septic system, high seasonal ground water and/or flooding of the septic system, including but not limited to broken pipes and faulty plumbing fixtures, failed “French Drains” or ground water diversion trenches, damaged septic tanks, root intrusion into septic tank, silted, collapsed or broken distribution/leach lines, broken or soil filled D-Boxes, clogged inlet pipes from residence to septic tank, compacted soil around leach lines from construction, vehicle, or animal use over the leach line area.
- There have been no permitted or non-permitted additions to the residence that would increase the load on the septic system beyond its designed capacity. There has been no non-permitted modification to the septic system. There has been no change in the occupancy of residence if a rental. There is no change in use of the residence, i.e. commercial or industrial operations.
If the above conditions have been met, and there is no improvement in septic tank performance and / or drain field function after six continuous months of nonfreezing temperatures, and the purchaser has contacted Septic Genie to work with Septic Genie staff to see if there is something the purchaser might do to create a solution, the purchaser may apply to Septic Genie for a refund.
The refund will be issued after all components have been received and inspected for damage by the manufacturer. The refund will total the purchase price you paid, less a 15% restocking fee. Septic Genie will provide documentation of any damage. All costs of shipping including insurance are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
This Guarantee contains the entire understanding between the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Guarantee. No representation, promise, agreement, or understanding, written or oral, not contained in this Guarantee shall be of any force or effect. No amendment shall be valid or binding unless the same is in writing and signed by both parties.
In the event either party institutes litigation to enforce any of its rights under this Guarantee, the prevailing party shall be entitled to recover its costs and reasonable attorney’s fees from the non-prevailing party. No waiver of any provision of this Guarantee shall be valid unless the same is in writing and signed by the party against whom the waiver is sought to be enforced.